Thursday, August 05, 2010

Outdoors Work

I've been working really hard on my farmer tan. The last few days I've been outside stripping paint off the fences around the complex to help our condo building manager. It's just what the doctor ordered (I think, I didn't ask) because the sun, hard work (for a soft programmer like me), and satisfying results has really helped me feel better. I know I have lots more work to do around the house but so far this has really helped me get out of a slump. Apparently I'm doing such a good job that they figure I should drop off the condo board so that they could start paying me, not much, but as an appreciation of the effort put in.

So I'm getting a really good farmer tan, in fact I have a neck that is red as a lobster and a little sore.

I thought too I lost my phone today. Or that should say I was hoping I lost my phone today, as then I would have a really good excuse to buy a new one. Unfortunately I found it under the seat in the Jeep, which just happens to be a fairly typical place for it. Becky will be happy though as we have learned after a particularly busy day in the sun I can at times sleep right through the alarm, and not be at the hospital in time to pick her up. It only happened once, but she kindly reminds me to keep the phone by the bed now.

I was hoping to get a new iPhone, but the way Apple handled the reception issue turned me off. If Apple had said, "Oh, we F#@ed up" then I would say ok, it's a mistake, but all in all pretty good, but instead they said it's not our fault. I think maybe they are getting to big for their own britches, it was better when they had to try harder. That and I'm trying not to be too much of a fanboi of the company I used to mock... :-)

But now, it is time for me to get some real work (as in programming work) done.

-E

No comments: