Saturday, November 19, 2005

Hummer H1 for Sale

Wow, auctions are fun. I forgot how fun they are, I mean we used to go to them when I was a kid for the school I was attending, but that was years ago. They are fun.

We went to Michener Allan this morning here in Calgary, and watched them sell a whole bunch of vehicles cheap. Sure they may not be the best vehicles in the world, heck they may not even run, but they are cheap. When you go to a dealer you aren't necessarily guaranteed much more! Anyways, the reason we went is they had a bunch of Bombardier Iltis' for sale. We were hoping they were going for really cheap (as in cheap enough for a future student who already pays a ton for rent and car payments) but they didn't. But they did go reasonably cheap, they averaged around $3k, which isn't bad but more than I can afford at this point. They also had some Land Rovers which went for about $2500, which I think would be even cooler!

But the craziest thing we saw was a '98 Hummer H1 that went for $46k. That's cheap! Those things new are over $150k!! Oh to be independently wealthy and able to just buy an H1 because it's "cheap"! Someday :-)

But an auction is definitely worth doing again! It was hard to keep the hands down!!

Also, Harry Potter is a good movie; we stood in line and packed in last night to see it! It is definitely worth seeing twice, and far better than any of the earlier ones. The CGI really was clean and good! I think the next time will be in the IMAX. But, I can see where it's now aimed at the older crowd; I don't think I'd want to take kids who are under 10 to it!

I'm really supposed to post every day, and I've been bad the last few days! But I'll try and catch up over the next few! But one thing I'm really happy about is I paid off the Laptop finally!

Cheers,
Eric

No comments: